Affiliate Marketing Tips, #1
The very first tip is to look at all the marketing channels you have before you, look at your natural tendencies, and decide for which channel you think your natural talents are most suited.
Do you like to write letters, long emails and keep a journal? Then maybe content marketing and blogging are a natural fit for you. Are you a ham and love being in front of the camera? Then YouTube marketing is perhaps where you should start.
Whatever you decide, do it and do it several times a week. I am not going to beat the drum of do it every day but I do think four to five times a week is a good idea. Sometimes you need to take a break so you can put something good together rather than rushing out something half @$$ed, you know?
Pick on method and do everything you can to master it.
If you find you are getting no results, ask yourself whether you are really focusing on one method or if you are shotgunning it. If you are not shotgunning it, ask yourself if you are consistent in your marketing efforts. Marketing takes time to gain traction.
FOCUS on one strategy to profitability.
-said everybody who ever made any money on the Internet
Affiliate Marketing Tools
You know all those Capital One commercials asking you, “What’s in your wallet?”
Ask yourself what is in your affiliate marketing toolset.
Well? What is in your affiliate marketing toolset? If you are like most folks the question never occurred to you.
Thing is, when you do keyword research and you find a word for which you think you can compete you need to look at the number of searches for that keyword. Under 500 is a good place to start for the new person. When you create a piece of content with the purpose of making a profit, you need to understand that you need to craft it in such a way that it winds up on page one of Google’s search results.
Google’s Keyword Planner is free. I don’t use it. I use Market Samurai because it breaks everything down in terms of what my competition is doing, what their page rank is, how many backlinks they have, and so on.
My personal toolset includes
- Posting On Purpose for Profit1
- Audience Builder Pro2
- Rank and Stick SEO3
- My Lead System Pro’s Mastery Program4
Affiliate Marketing and Backlinks
Simply put, if your toolset will not create more backlinks than your competition you will not be on the first page of Google and any traffic you get will be either accidental or from other sources …which is perfectly fine. You just need to know that the majority of people do not look past page one of Google and job one of your SEO toolset needs to be to create backlinks to your page to maximize your chances of being on page one.
You can do this yourself by spending the time or you can invest in tools that do it for you. Either is fine as long as you know how many your competition has so you can set about the business of creating more than they.
Affiliate Marketing Tips for Blogposts and YouTube Videos
Earlier, Google’s Keyword Planner was mentioned as was Market Samurai. YouTube also has a Youtube Keyword Tool you can access by clicking here. It is not as up to date as Google or Market Samurai’s tools as it is new, but it is not a bad idea to cross reference between YouTube’s tool and whichever keyword tool you use.
Here are some quick and dirty blog post and video SEO tricks:
- Have your keyword in the title
- Have your keyword in the file name
- Description should be about 4-5 sentences with your keyword used in them. Don’t over do it; just write a good short paragraph about your chosen keyword.
- If you are making a video about a particular product and not linking it to a blog post because you are engaging you YouTube affiliate marketing, make sure your capture page link is the first line of the video description, and the last. This really is critical.
- Post about your video with links to it in your social media accounts.
- Use timestamps with your keyword in the description. YouTube will automatically create a bookmark at that point in your video as well as take note of another instance of your keyword for search and indexing purposes. This increases keyword depth without ticking off Panda.
- Google favors YouTube…probably because Google owns YouTube. While you can and should post videos to other video sites, you need to keep posting to YouTube, too.
- Backlinks. Create backlinks. Say it with me, “Backlinks are good; backlinks are sexy; backlinks will make me rich AND sexy, too.” Well, rich anyways.
Now, the next thing I want you to do is click here and register for a free webinar that will help you take your affiliate and network marketing business to the next level. Do it now because you want to be in the very next presentation so you can take advantage of this free affiliate marketing training.
If this has been helpful and you found any information that was of use, please comment and share below. Thanks! <=== Share and Comment Below! ===>